- 1 1/2 -2 cups digestive biscuits
- 3-4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup maizina (corn starch)
- 1/3 cup castor sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 jumbo eggs
- Caramel essence
- 1 cup butternut cooked, puréed
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC.
- If you have a blender, blend the biscuits finely into crumbs and mix in the melted butter.
- Press down into s spring form cake tin. Push crush slightly up to the sides.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- In a pot, boil together on medium heat the milk, maizina, sugar, salt, egg. Stir with a whisk to prevent lumps. Once it’s thick turn off the heat.
- Mix in the caramel essence and puréed butternut.
- Halve the mixture into two bowls. Mixing in the cocoa powder in one half and peanut butter in the other half.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepare cookie crust pan. Spread gently.
- Top with the peanut butter mixture. Softly spread it out but don’t overdo it. You want to taste the two different layers.
- Refrigerate minimum 2 hours before running a knife along to sides and removing the springform.