These are just some of the words to describe this flavorful and colorful soup. So let’s get started.
- 500gr Sweet potatoes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 100gr butter
- 100gr cream or coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 200gr bacon bits
- Maple syrup
- Roasted coconut flakes
- Peel the sweet potatoes and place in a pot with the orange juice and enough water to cover. Boil until sweet potatoes are soft. Don’t drain.
- In a pan, fry the bacon bits. Add about 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup until caramelized. Set aside.
- Using a stick blender, blend the sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Add the butter and cream. Blend again and season with salt and pepper. Now add more water to give it a souplike texture.
- Place the soup back on the stove and cook it for another 10 min.
- Once cooked and hot. Add the bacon bits. Slowly stir and switch off the heat.
- Season with more salt and pepper if need be and garnish with the roasted coconut flakes.