- 1 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons gelatine (granulated)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup regular syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- maizina (corn starch to coat)
- Prepare a tray or flat cake pan with non-stick spray, then add baking or wax paper. Allow to stick over the sides, so that it’s easier to remove the set marshmallow once done. Spray non-stick again over the paper, and sprinkle generously with maizina (corn starch).
- Pour 1/2 a cup of water into an electric mixing bowl with the 3 tablespoons gelatine. Leave to soften.
- In a medium pot, stir the other 1/2 cup of water, honey, syrup, essence and salt together. Allow to get to boil on medium heat, and let it boil for about 8 minutes.
- Set the mixer on low with the gelatine still in the bowl. Slowly pour the hot syrup mix while the mixer is on.
- Once it’s all incorporated, set the mixer on it’s highest speed for 10 minutes.
- The mixture will go from a sloppy golden brown mixture to a thick, white fluffy bowl of awesomeness.
- Using a spatula, spread the mallow mixture into the prepared dish and allow to set for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Once set, remove and generously sprinkle with maizina. Slice with a sharp knife and keep coating the sticky sides.
- If you have coconut flakes, roast in a pan and coat the sticky mallowy sides with the roasted coconut.