There probably isn’t a food out there equally loved or hated as much as bread. It’s the source of most internal questioning. “Should I have a slice, shouldn’t I?” “Is it really good, or bad for me?”
There is something wonderful about baking your own bread. This recipe is extremely simple and easy, so give it a go! You’ll feel like a star baker when you see this golden loaf of love.
RAISIN & YOGURT LOAF
- 280gr organic cake flour
- 150gr organic wholemeal flour
- 15ml baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 45ml brown sugar
- 80-100gr raisins
- 500ml yogurt (low fat)
- 60ml milk
- 45ml cooking oil
- Preheat the oven to 180degC.
- Sieve the flours, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl. (Some whole wheat husks and sugar don’t go through the sieve, just throw it all in.)
- Now add in the raisins. Give it a quick mix with a spoon or spatula.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk and oil. Add it to the dry ingredients and mix it all together.
- Prepare a bread pan with non-stick spray. Scoop the batter into the pan and bake in the oven for about 55 minutes.
Serve with fresh farm butter.
If you don’t have raisins, don’t worry. Chop up some dates or figs and use that instead.
I know the recipe asks for organic ingredients. If you can ’t find any, you can use regular flours. But try to find ingredients that aren’t genetically modified.
Don’t forget to follow my Facebook page. click here!