Stuff your chicken breasts with the filling of your choice. In my case, I made it with ingredients I found in the fridge.
- chicken breasts
- olives, pitted
- danish salami
- mature cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Slice the chicken breasts in half, but not all the way through. Place onto a chopping board, cover with cling wrap and flatten it with a rolling pin.
- Spread the mustard on the inside of the breasts and add about 2 pitted olives, 2 slices of salami, ±2 slices cheese, season with salt and pepper. Fold over and tie each stuffed breast with twine. Season on the outside too.
- Fry in a pan on medium heat on all sides for about 15 min. Cut through the thickest part and check that the chicken is cooked. Cooking time varies depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- Serve with vegetables and plain yogurt mixed with some lemon rind for a refreshing taste.
- Remember to remove the twine before serving.
Remember to always flatten the halved breasts to ensure even cooking.
Experiment with different stuffing flavours.
Always remove the twine before serving.
I find this method keeps the chicken tender and moist, whereas frying a whole breast as is can easily cross over that line of tenderness to dryness.
Sandy for Sandy’s Food & Baking Blog