Are you out of time to make an elaborate dessert for a dinner party?
What to do? There is just no time to bake anything.
Have you ever felt like this? Well, here is a dessert that requires no effort whatsoever.
Mini Pavlova tartlets.
Here’s how to make them…
- Mini meringue casings from your local grocer or deli.
- strawberries, sliced
- melon, scooped out with a small measuring scoop
- plain yogurt
- honey/passion fruit pulp
- Pour about a teaspoon of yogurt into the store-bought meringue cups.
- Drizzle with some honey
- Decorate with a slice or two of strawberries, a grape and a small melon ball.
- Dust with edible glitter if you have some.
- Keep refrigerated until needed.
But let me warn you, shop bought meringues don’t ‘last’ as well as homemade meringues in the sense of staying firm. So don’t make them hours in advance. Rather prepare them just before having supper, or right after while your guests relax a little. This take no time at all, if you’ve already sliced and diced your fruits in advance. Plus, you don’t have to worry about whipping cream for the filling, as the yogurt and honey/passion fruit pulp, is a far healthier alternative.