WHITE CHOCOLATE BAKED CHEESECAKE with HOMEMADE CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE
- 1 packet digestive biscuits ± 200gr
- 75gr butter, melted
- 2 tubs cream cheese
- 1 tub full cream yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 4 jumbo eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon caramel/vanilla essence or rosewater
- 180gr white chocolate
- caramel sauce (homemade or shop)
- Crush the biscuits finely and mix together with the 75gr melted butter. Prepare a spring form cake tin with non-stick spray and press down the biscuits butter mixture into the bottom of the tin. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 160degG.
- In an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, yogurt, castor sugar, egg yolks and essence until thick and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- In a small pot, melt the chocolate. Make sure not to overheat it. Once it’s melted, take it off the heat and stir it for about 2 minutes. This keeps it runny and prevents it from setting. Once its slightly cooled down, pour it into the filling and slowly fold it into the mix.
- Now fold in the egg whites.
- Now that your filling is ready, pour it into the prepared cake tin and bake at 160degC for 40 minutes until its golden brown. It may still look wobbly, but it will set. Open the oven door after the baking time, switch off the oven and allow it to cool down in the oven.
- Transfer it to the fridge. Keep it in the cake tin.
- Once it has set and has cooled down, remove from the tin and pour the caramel sauce over the cheesecake.
- Top it with roasted nuts. (My husband ate all our nuts, so I couldn’t decorate this cake, but it looks delicious nonetheless).
Keep it in the spring form tin while refrigerated.
If you have any questions, please ask away in the comment box below, or comment on my Facebook page.
If you’re using caramel sauce and nuts, I suggest your sprinkle a tiny amount of salt flakes on top. This may sound surprising, but if salted caramel sounds good to you, do it.