PROVENÇAL CHICKEN BREASTS
- 3 large chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- flour for dusting
- olive oil/coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 3 heaped tablespoons tomato sauce/tomato paste
- 1 chicken stock pot in a cup of hot water
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorns (optional)
- 1 handful of pitted black olives
- 1 handful fresh basil herbs
- Place a few tablespoons of flour in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Toss the breast fillets in the seasoned flour and then set aside.
- In a pan, drizzle with olive/coconut oil and fry the fillets on each side until they have a nice golden color. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add some more olive oil if needed and add the garlic and tomato sauce. Stir and fry on low heat for about 1 minute.
- Add in the chicken stock and wine to the garlic and tomato sauce. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the seared chicken fillets into the sauce and allow to cook on low heat until the chicken is cooked.
- Right after you’ve added the chicken, add in the capers, peppercorns and the olives.
- Just before serving, garnish with a generous amount of basil leaves.
I served my Provençal chicken with risotto and steamed broccoli.
If you have any questions, ask away in the comment box below or on my Facebook page.
Enjoy making this simple and quick dish!