You will think this is odd, but when you start reading the ingredients, you’ll want to give it a try yourself.
Doggy Cake Good Enough For Humans
- 1 large apple or 2 smaller ones
- 1,5 cups gluten-free flour or rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornflake crumbs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, full cream
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200degC
- Grate the apple/apples with the skin and set aside.
- Sieve the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients, then add the grated apple and the grated cheese.
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry and give it a stir. Combining all the ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into a small prepared cake tin or line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners and spoon mixture into individual cups.
- Bake for about 25 min until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool completely.
- 1 tub cream cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons rice flour/gluten-free flour
- Mix all the ingredients together until it’s a smooth consistency.
I added edible colour and glitter. (optional)
Spray some non-stick spray into the cupcake liners if you’re using them, as the cake can stick to it if you don’t. Always use non-stick spray in the cake tin.
Remember that your pets should be treated with respect and love, but as the Dog Whisperer puts it… remember that: first it’s an animal, then a species, then breed, then a pet. Especially if your fur baby is listed as one of the most aggressive breeds like my Neapolitan Mastiffs are.
This video below is Figaro, owned by Ina and Tinus. Figaro is my Nina’s brother. This video shows how much he enjoyed these cupcakes, and he is a fussy eater.
Give the cake/cupcakes a try. Seeing the fur babies dig into them will bring you such laughs and happiness.