Se sa me…. says a me…. Sesame Chicken Burgers aaaaaand GINGER MAYO!!!
Let me just tell you in advance that… I use the ‘flat bread’ recipe for any burger type dish. Seldom do I buy store burger buns. So if you seeing these breads often, it’s because I purposely make them for these dishes. I like giving my “burgers” a twist. I love that it’s homemade with organic flour, I love the flavour and texture. And yes, they’ll be featuring once again in this recipe.
I know many people don’t have time to make these flat breads, which is all good. It’s just my personal preference.
Let’s get SAUCY………
- 200ml mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1,5 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons full fat natural yogurt
- Peel fresh root ginger and then grate finely until you get a tablespoon full. Mix all the ingredients together and keep refrigerated until needed.
- 6 chicken fillets, skinned
- 4 tablespoons sweet & sour soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoon crushed chilli
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- coconut oil for frying
- sesame seeds for ‘coating’
- In a small bowl, stir together the marinade ingredients: soy, garlic, chilli, sesame oil.
- On a flat surface, cover the breasts with plastic wrap and slightly flatten them with a rolling-pin.
- Remove the chicken fillets from the plastic and allow to marinade in the sauce for a while before frying. ±1 hour, or overnight in the fridge, covered.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and then dip into the sesame seeds to coat. I sprinkled sesame seeds on, but I will definitely add some more next time. So dip, don’t sprinkle at first like I did.
- Heat a flat surfaced pan and add coconut oil before frying the chicken until its cooked through and golden brown. Don’t fry on high heat, as it will burn the seeds and will stick to the pan. (Spray some non-stick spray on the pan before heating).
- Once the fillets are done, assemble your burgers. Generously add the ginger mayo sauce and INDULGE.
This ginger mayo sauce can be used as a dip for veggie sticks just like my peanut butter sweet potato sauce (yesterday’s post) and goes very well with beef mince burgers too.
Set all the components to make a burger on table and let you and your guests build their own burgers.
Pictured below is the beef burger with the ginger mayo sauce. It goes so well with beef patties too.
Flat bread and peanut butter dip recipes on the links below….