Also known as Chicken Satay. This is probably one of my favourite meals to make, as it is easy and super tasty. What I love most about it is the sauce. You must give it a go!
- Skewer sticks
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- coconut oil for frying
- salt, pepper, paprika
- Cut the chicken into long strips, ±3 strips off each breast. Thread the chicken onto the sticks.
- Lay out on a flat surface and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle some paprika on.
- Heat the pan, add oil and fry the chicken until they’re done and golden brown.
- Serve with the sauce.
(SAUCE RECIPE – SCROLL DOWN)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup coconut milk / thick natural full fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup sweet potato mash (boil sweet potato and purée)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sweet-and-sour soy sauce
- juice of one large lemon
- cayenne pepper, dash
- season with salt if needed
- Cook about 1 medium-sized sweet potato and mash it. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a blender, blend all the sauce ingredients together until it’s smooth, thick and creamy.
- Serve with the chicken skewers.
Prepare the sauce in advance and keep it refrigerated.
Serve this dish with salad or some summer vegetables.
Sauce goes extremely well with carrot and cucumber sticks as a snack.
Can also use the sauce for burgers, sandwiches and for pita rolls.