BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE
- 500gr beef strips
- coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unbleached, organic flour
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup plain thick yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce, or purée
- lemon juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 white wine
- In a hot pan, brown the meat in about a tablespoon of coconut oil, remove from the pan and set aside, leaving the juices in the pan.
- Lower the heat and fry the onions until brown, soft and cooked. Add more oil if need be.
- Dust the browned meat with the flour and put it back into the pan and stir in with the onions with an extra tablespoon of butter for flavour.
- On low heat, add the rest of your ingredients, except the water. Water is used to ‘thin’ out the sauce if it seems to thick. Let it bubble on low heat for about 15-20 minutes until all the flavours have come together.
You can use rump or fillet steak cut into strips, if you can’t find ready packaged strips at your butcher.
If you can find a great plain yogurt, you won’t need to buy anymore cream, sour creams or buttermilks. Any recipe that recipe that requires creams, I simply use yogurt.
Serve stroganoff with green beans, baby corn simply steamed. As for starch, the flat griddle breads on my blog goes absolutely perfectly with this saucy dish!
Looking for a recipe? Type the key word on the top search bar on the top of my page.