I’ve always wanted to come up with my own version of an OREO cheesecake. This is what I came up with this morning.
(Before starting, you’ll need 4 packets of OREO biscuits.
Instead of using measuring cups, use the cream cheese tubs for the sugar and yogurt in this recipe.)
So here it is.
- 20 OREO biscuits crushed finely with a food processor
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tubs low fat cream cheese
- 1 tub plain low fat yogurt (Once you’ve emptied out the cream cheese, use the cream cheese tub as a measurement cup for the rest of the ingredients).
- 1 cup (tub) light brown sugar
- 2 squeezes vanilla paste
- 4 jumbo eggs, separated
- 15 roughly crushed OREO biscuits
- OREO biscuits
- Whipped cream canister
- Finely crush the 20 biscuits for the base in a food processor and mix in the melted butter. Press into a springform tin and bake for 5 min at 180degC. Take it out and set it one side, leaving the oven on.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then mix in the sugar.
- Add the cream cheese, egg yolks and yogurt and mix well.
- Squeeze in vanilla paste.
- Using a spatula, fold in the roughly crushed OREO biscuits.
- Then pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 45 min. It should be golden brown and the centre should wobble very slightly when taken out.
- Allow to cool down to room temperature before putting it into the refrigerator. Keep it in the springform tin until you want to serve or display it. Remember to run a butter knife between the tin and cheesecake before releasing the cake from the springform tin.
- To serve, top off with a dollop of whipped cream and an OREO biscuit.
There you have it! An easy and deliciously indulgent baked dessert!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask me, either here on the blog under comments, or on my Facebook page.