This spinach cheesecake is the most amazing savory tart and will be an instant hit among your dinner guests once they’ve bitten into it.
I call it mother-in-law’s cheesecake, because that’s where I had it the first time.
If there is one thing you need to make, it’s this! ASAP!
- 1 packet savory crackers
- 80gr melted butter
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 large onion. Chopped finely
- 1 large packet spinach
- 250gr plain cottage cheese.
- 125gr crumbled feta cheese
- 30ml grated/powdered Parmesan
- 200ml mayonnaise
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Crush the crackers and mix in the butter and press into a springform tin. Leave it in the fridge until needed. (Keep in mind that the base is very crumbly and not a solid base.)
- Fry the onion and garlic until the garlic is translucent.
- Add the spinach and allow it to wilt.
- In a bowl mix together the three cheeses (I add an extra tub of cream cheese to add volume, but it’s not necessary)
- Then add the mayonnaise and eggs and mix it all together.
- Now stir in the spinach, onion and garlic to the cheese batter.
- Add salt and pepper and pour into the prepared tin and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
There you have it. Extremely easy and tremendously delicious.
Enjoy every bite!