Easy Apple Cake
- 175gr butter/margarine
- 175gr castor sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla/caramel essence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 175gr self-raising flour
- 4 apples, peeled, cored & finely sliced
- extra cinnamon & sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 170 – 180 degC & prep a cake pan with non-stick spray.
- Cream the butter & sugar together. Switch off the mixer to scrape down the batter off the sides of the bowl, before adding the eggs in one at a time. Scrape down the batter after each addition. Add the essence and give it one more mix.
- Sieve the dry ingredients over the batter and fold in.
- Now fold in the apple slices and pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for about 50 – 60 minutes. Check with a skewer or knife.
- Remove from the oven, and leave it in the pan to settle for about 10 – 15 minutes before turning over.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar like a pancake.