- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 heaped tablespoon butter
- 500gr frozen or fresh peas (definitely not canned)
- ±5 slices parma ham or salami (even chorizo will be perfect)
- handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 chicken stock pot + three cups hot water
- 100ml cream
- salt + pepper
- Fry the ham of your choice until crispy. Break into pieces and set aside.
- Gently sauté the onion with the butter until translucent. Then add the peas, basil, stock and water, let simmer for about 5 min on low heat. Take the pot off the heat and blend the soup together until smooth.
- Now add the cream, season with salt and pepper. You can heat it up again, to get it all nice and hot after adding the cream. Top with the ham and enjoy!
You can add spinach instead of basil if you’re not such a big basil lover!
You can prepare the soup in advance of a dinner party. Just add the cream and reheat just before serving.